Thursday

I miss you Patches.

Patches-You will forever be in my memories & my heart.


If it should be I grow frail and weak
And pain prevents my peaceful sleep.
Then you must do what must be done
When this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Selfishness might stay your hand.
But on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship take the test.





We've had so many happy years
That what's to come can hold no fears
You'd not want me to suffer.
So, When the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend.
Only -- stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me.
Until my eyes no longer see.


I know, in time, you too, will see
It is a kindness that you do for me.
Although my tail it's last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve it should be you.
Who must decide this thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years...
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Author Unknown

Photos By: TSE


9 Comments:

At 7/13/2006 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest in peace kitty

Love, powder butt

 
At 7/13/2006 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...that made me cry. :-(

 
At 7/27/2006 10:54 PM, Blogger Tigger said...

I'm so glad Patches had a loving home with you. My heart goes out to you over your great loss. The poem is so touching; it made me cry.

 
At 7/28/2006 2:07 AM, Blogger Kitty Cats Corner said...

Its been 2 wks now, and I still expect to see him meet me at the driveway when I get home.

 
At 7/30/2006 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad you've lost Patches. :-(

He was such a gorgeous cat and it's so hard to say goodbye to such a loved friend.

Hugs

 
At 8/23/2006 8:59 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

What a terrible hole they leave in our hearts. Patches is looking down, wishing you happiness.

CalicoMom Toni

 
At 9/04/2006 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAY I GO NOW?

Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days
and endless hopeless nights?
I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
to set my spirit free?
I didn't want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and living Light.
I want to go I really do,
it's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.
To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears
I love you so, and that you know,
because I see your tears.
I'll not be far, I promise that,
and hope you'll always know
That my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.
Thank you for loving me,
You know I love you too,
That's why it's hard to say goodbye
and "end" this life with you.
So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
Because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today.
~author unknown~

 
At 9/08/2006 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:'< *sighs* Patches was such a wonderful kitty. It's truly hard to say good bye to such a loving friend like him.

 
At 9/09/2006 12:34 AM, Blogger Kitty Cats Corner said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words and concern.

Patches was a wonderful friend and a loving soul as I am sure he still is in heaven. I will see him again - this I know. :)

A-Team my friends - thank you for that. It made me cry, but it was beautiful. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home