Thursday

Relics of a departed era

This old barn sets across the street from my cousin's house in Kentucky. Year after year, little by little, it decays more and more. Such a shame to let it waste away - ahhh but such is life I suppose.

Sometimes I feel a bit like this old barn - wasting away. Wondering what I should be doing with my life. I want to do things I'm good at, things I love to do, not just things that pay the bills or because I have to do them. Is that all we're here for - to waste away doing things just because?


Life is so short, shouldnt we spend our time doing the things we love?


Photo By: TSE

3 Comments:

At 6/21/2007 9:23 AM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

I feel the same way when I see the old barns in the Midwest wasting away. I grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles, where nothing lasts all that long.
Your amazing pictures always make me smile, and you care for so many cats who might be homeless otherwise. Model railroaders have a saying, "I work so I can afford to do what I want in my spare time." Hugs!

 
At 6/21/2007 9:52 PM, Blogger Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Hi Sweetie!!!!!

*jumps up and down in crazy happiness*

Hope you and all the gang are doin' well!!!

~your dear furriend, Marie

 
At 6/26/2007 9:49 AM, Blogger Christine and FAZ said...

It's a lovely old barn and a shame to see it go but it's still beautiful to look at. I bet it's got some really good luscious little mice in there. FAZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home